- Some families don’t have computers at home. Searching for internships on multiple
sites on a public computer can be frustrating and exhausting.
- Scholarship opportunities in the trades often struggle to get applicants that fit
- We need to help parents understand the importance of education, because often, they are the most important role model for our students. Who could assist with this media campaign, and exactly what sound bites do we want to promote?
- Identify and confirm leadership for this committee.
- Develop a directory of partners.
- Expand FAFSA assistance programs into neighborhoods that need it most. Go to them, don’t assume that they will come to you. Get the timing right so that they are able to come.
- Create multi-year scholarships from area businesses with an internship component.
- Create guides or manuals that illustrate “how to be successful after high school.”
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.