Clinical Performance Standards
- Transport, move, lift and transfer patients from a wheelchair or cart to an examination table or to a patient bed: and
- Move, adjust and manipulate a variety of equipment, including the ability to arrange and align the equipment with respect to the patient and the image receptor according to established procedure and standards of speed and accuracy.
- Student performing x-ray
The Radiologic Technologist must be capable of:
- Handling stressful situations related to technical and procedural standards and patient care situations; and
- Providing physical and emotional support to the patient during the radiologic procedures, being able to respond to situations requiring first aid and providing emergency care to the patient in the absence of, or until the physician arrives; and
- Communicating verbally in an effective manner in order to direct patients during radiologic examinations; and
- Reading and interpreting patient charts and requisitions for radiologic examinations.
The Radiologic Technologist must have the mental and intellectual capacity to:
- Calculate and select proper technical exposure factors according to the individual needs of the patient and the requirements of the procedure's standards of speed and accuracy; and
- Review and evaluate the recorded images for the purpose of identifying proper patient
positioning, accurate procedural sequencing, proper exposure, and other appropriate
and pertinent technical qualities.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.