Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
EICC, formally Eastern Iowa Community College District, was established in 1965 by the Iowa General Assembly as one of 15 community college merged areas. The move combined Clinton Junior College, Muscatine Junior College and the vocational-technical programs of the Davenport schools.
The District acquired the former Palmer Junior College in 1979 to make Scott Community College a comprehensive institution. In 2001, it opened the John T. Blong Manufacturing Technology Center providing advanced manufacturing training to hundreds of students every year.
Clinton Junior College opened in September 1946 as a division of the Clinton Public School System with 86 students, half of them World War II veterans. Classes were conducted at Clinton High School until 1965 when the college's own building opened. Between 1956 and 1965, enrollment tripled. The college changed its name in 1964 to Clinton Community College to reflect its philosophy and comprehensive objectives. In 1966 it became part of EICC.
In addition to its main campus, Clinton Community College serves students through its Maquoketa Center and CCC Technology Center.
Muscatine Junior College was established in 1929 to provide the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. Additional programs were added as the college expanded to meet the diverse needs of the community and in 1962 the name was changed to Muscatine Community College to reflect its broader mission. The agriculture-business program established in 1965 has since been copied nationwide. The college became a part of EICC in 1966 and is housed on an attractive 27-acre site in north Muscatine.
The college has grown to include the Muscatine Industrial Technology Center, the Vic McAvoy University Center and two housing complexes. In addition, it also serves Wilton and Columbus Junction with new satellite centers in those communities.
In 1966 Scott Community College was formed by an act of the Iowa General Assembly. At that time, it began offering the limited number of career technology programs for adults and high school youth previously held by the Davenport Community School System. It continued to offer solely career programs until 1979 when it added arts and sciences programs through a merger with Palmer Junior College.
From an initial enrollment of 240 students, Scott Community College has grown to include the Urban Campus in downtown Davenport, the West Davenport Center as well as the main campus in Bettendorf, situated on 181 acres of land donated by the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA).
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.