Our Mission, Vision & Core Values
Our Ongoing Mission
Deliver high-quality education and training that prepares a skilled workforce, provides equitable access to higher education, and builds and strengthens our communities.
A Proven Vision
Changing lives and building communities.
Our values — approved by our Board of Trustees in December 2021 — guide our mission, vision, and professional standards. We believe showing a commitment to values requires ongoing reflection. We’ll hold ourselves accountable to practice these values at our institution.
We believe learning is an ongoing process of discovery and achieving academic excellence depends upon the exchange of ideas, the ability to ask questions, constructive feedback, and academic freedom.
We seek to foster social justice in the communities we serve and to make our campuses accessible and inclusive, with equitable resources and opportunities for all.
We work to create spaces where each individual feels safe and welcome, and where everyone can thrive and flourish.
We are committed to building dynamic relationships that lead to meaningful communication and informed decision-making that considers and values the diverse perspectives of students, faculty, staff, and our community.
We recognize all resources have limits, and we commit to sustainable stewardship of our colleges and communities, our bodies and minds, and our environment.
Adopted by EICC Board of Trustees December 20, 2021
Statement of Professional Standards
EICC faculty, staff, and administrators champion the aspirational culture we seek for our college community. As professionals, we model the behaviors we value in our colleagues and seek to impart to our students:
- We prioritize student success.
- We collaborate and work together in partnerships and teams to achieve the best outcomes for our students and communities.
- We embrace and support diversity, inclusion, and equity in our practices.
- We communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully, welcoming and valuing different perspectives and opinions.
- We treat others with dignity, empathy, care, and kindness.
- We take initiative to meet the needs of those we serve and with whom we work.
- We engage in ongoing professional development and continuous improvement while striving to be experts in our fields.
- We motivate and inspire others to realize their potential.
- We act with integrity.
Together, we are E.I.C.C. – an Engaged, Inspired, and Committed Community.
Ready to change your life and benefit from our vision of changing lives and building communities? Your first step is to complete our simple and free application. It’ll only take a few minutes.