Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals

You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to receive financial aid. SAP is defined as successful completion of coursework toward an eligible certificate or degree.

SAP Standards

IThe Department of Education has established SAP standards that:

  • Include a minimum grade point average (GPA) and a minimum pace requirement.
  • Apply to your entire academic record (including transfer hours), whether or not financial aid was received for prior semesters.

Your academic progress will be reviewed at the end of every semester. If you are placed on Suspension status, you may regain financial aid eligibility by:

  • Earning the necessary GPA or semester hours to meet the minimum SAP standards while not receiving financial aid.
  • Completing the SAP Appeal process.

SAP Appeal

You may appeal a SAP Suspension Status on the basis of:

  • Serious injury or illness
  • Death of a relative
  • Other extenuating circumstances

To appeal, complete the SAP Appeal Form and complete an Academic Plan with your advisor. Refer to your suspension notification for deadline dates.

For more information, visit the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for a list of factors that will be evaluated.

Questions? We're here to help.

Contact the campus you attend. Don't know which campus, reach out to any Financial Aid office.

Clinton Community College

Financial Aid Office - Room 174
Clinton Community College
1000 Lincoln Blvd., Clinton, Iowa 52732

FAX: 563-244-7117

Muscatine Community College

Financial Aid Office - Student Center Rooms 105 & 106
Muscatine Community College
152 Colorado St., Muscatine, IA 52761

FAX: 563-288-6104

Scott Community College

Financial Aid Office - Room 2204
Scott Community College
500 Belmont Road, Bettendorf, IA 52722

FAX: 563-441-4044