Local manufacturers want great leaders, so we developed this short-term microcredential program. We'll teach you what you don't know so you can lead in all you do.
What You Learn in the Manufacturing Management Microcredential
Industry 4.0 is here. Learn how it will impact your company and transition the workforce. Discuss building relationships, setting team expectations, and coaching. Dive into HR, diversity, and productive conflict. Cover finance and accounting, too. Work with a faculty mentor on a work-based application project, then report on your success.
- Examine how Industry 4.0 will impact your company’s skills, as well as transition your workforce
- Learn how the State of Iowa supports Industry 4.0
- Learn how clarity in communication helps to build trust
- Establish genuine connections with positive relationships and common connections
- Identify the expectations of a cohesive team
- Improve email etiquette awareness
- Understand non-verbal communication cues when presenting, listening or leading a meeting
- Practice active listening and learn strategies to become a better listener
- Learn best practice techniques for effective meetings
- Recognize performance management as a key strategic and competitive differentiator
- Align organizational objectives with individual performance
- Understand the language of KPIs: Leading versus lagging; qualitative versus quantitative; efficiency versus effectiveness
- Learn key employment laws
- Investigate the fundamentals of an effective talent strategy
- Create strategies and tactics to improve employee performance and retention
- Explore your current strengths and potential problem areas with DiSC Workplace Profile
- Learn specific tactics to engage a range of generations in the workforce
- Walk through a “conflict episode” and the role you play
- Learn ways to manage conflict situations without damaging relationships
- Understand unconscious bias based on factors outside of your control
- Learn how deep listening and dialogue can assist in understanding different perspectives
- Learn ways to develop one’s career through networking and locating a mentor
- Develop an action plan to improve any skills needed to maintain effective ongoing mentoring relationships
- Understand strategies to work through potential common problems experienced in mentor/protégé relationships
- Develop a basic understanding of finance and accounting
- Learn financial acumen to make more informed and confident business decisions
- Learn how to read standard financial reports
Each participant will present their learnings to the class and facilitators with a 15-minute presentation on their specific Work-Based Application project. Participants will explain how they will use their new knowledge in their current role/organization.
Not quite right? Consider these instead:
I truly think this program covers all of the bases. I am sure that anyone who goes through the program will walk away with skills/insights to help them be a more effective leader.Lea Ann Dies, Human Resources Manager, McCarthy-Bush Corporation
Don’t settle for mediocrity
Looking to gain mastery in a specific skill set? Our microcredential programs are fast and focused. It's your pathway to upskill, stand out, and move ahead of your peers. These programs drive professional learning, online or in an EICC classroom. Whether you want to advance in your current position or make a career change, we help you achieve your goals. Don't settle for mediocrity - enroll in our programs today.ENROLL TODAY
Ready to Launch?
Start here. Earn a certificate. Build new skills in a short-term program. Step into the field and enjoy the edge you now have in the job market. From baking to digital analytics, we give you a launching pad.Where do you want to go?