Make sure your general and emergency contact information is up to date.
Make sure your general and emergency contact information is up to date.Update your contact information now.
To keep everyone safe and informed in emergencies, Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has systems in place to alert students, faculty, and staff of school closings and other emergencies.
Emergency alerts may be issued for the following reasons:
- School closings; including weather related decisions.
- Bomb threats
- Medical emergencies
- Other imminent dangers
How to Receive College Delay/Closure Information
Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to:
- Visit the college website. Emergency alerts including delay/closure information will be posted.
- Current credit students and adjunct faculty will receive email notifications via your EICC live email account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Full-time faculty and staff will receive email notifications via EICC email account (Name@eicc.edu).
- Rave alert (EICC Alert) will text current credit students and employees with a cell phone number on their academic or personnel record. See detailed instructions on updating your contact information or opting out of emergency text alerts.
- Check our social media posts on Facebook and X (formerly Twitter).
- Check local television and radio stations, and/or their websites. Keep in mind that EICC may be one of hundreds of schools and businesses to notify media. We cannot guarantee timeliness of their reports.
EICC Alert FAQs
EICC Alert quickly delivers emergency messages by email or text (cellphone) to students, faculty, and staff on all EICC Campuses. EICC Alert is built upon the RAVE Wireless platform.
The system is activated when there are immediate threats to the safety of those on an EICC Campus or weather related closings. Notifications are sent to email and cellphones of those who add their numbers to the system. Messages will be brief, include basic information and instructions on how to obtain more details.
All announcements will also be posted on EICConnect.
Student, faculty, and staff with an EICC issued email address (i.e., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) are automatically added to the EICC Alert system for email notifications.
If you want to recieve text messages, log in to EICConnect to ensure that your cell phone is listed correctly on your contact information. See instructions on checking and updating contact information.
EICC will send out EICC Alert in potentially dangerous situations and for weather related closings. The system would be activated for events reflecting immediate pending danger such as a violent person on campus, a dangerous chemical spill, or a bomb threat evacuation.
EICC Alerts are broadcast in a timely manner as soon as all appropriate information is reviewed and a decision is made to send out an alert.
Information regarding an EICC Alert will be posted on the EICC website and EICConnect.
Carefully follow any instructions given in the alert.